Monday, January 29, 2018

G is for George

Well, I wrote this a couple of years ago and never published it.  So decided to go ahead and publish it now.





I am participating in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge (April 2016), where we write 26 blog posts featuring each letter of the alphabet.  Each blogger can choose whatever subject matter they want.

Obviously, my interest is in Genealogy (categorized as History/Mythology for the Challenge), so I'll be posting short bios of my or my husband's ancestors.  Hopefully, this will give me the incentive to keep it up, at least for a month. Who knows, it might create a good habit.  

GEORGE WASHINGTON STRUNK
(b 30 April 1850 - d 27 Jan 1933)


One of the first things I remember learning about my Great Grandfather was the fact that he was named George Washington.  This was kind of funny because my Mother's 3 Grandfathers were all named for Presidents.  George Washington Strunk, Abraham Lincoln Weddle, and her Step-Grandfather, Thomas Jefferson Jeffers.  
George W  Strunk and Dillie McDonald marriage record.





George married Dillie McDonald on 18 Nov. 1875.   They had 13 children.



His family in the 1900 Census
.
Dillie died in 1901.  In 1902, George married Lizzie Lancaster Toomey and added three step-daughters to the family.  The oldest Step-daughter, Mabel Toomey married his son, Edward Luther Strunk.


Snapshot of George on Marsh Creek probably taken in the years shortly before he died in 1933.





No comments:

Post a Comment