Friday, January 17, 2020

2020 challenge: 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks - Week 2



I’ve decided to join Amy Johnson Crow’s 2020 challenge: 52 Ancestors in 52 Weeks. 



I’m guessing that this week’s challenge is difficult for many of us because we have several photos that mean a lot to us. Therefore, I am selecting several to tell you a little about them and how I came to have them.

Photo #1 is a photo of my Mother, Ruth Weddle Patterson (1912 -1965), probably taken around in the early 1920s (she was born in 1912).  It was sent to me electronically by my cousin in Texas a year or so ago.  This was probably taken in Bell County, Kentucky.  Her father was a Doctor for various Coal Mines over the years.  They were in Bell County in 1920 (census) and he died in Bell County in 1926.



Ruth Weddle Patterson (1912 -1965)


Photo #2 is a photo of Ruth's Maternal Grandmother, Dillie McDonald Strunk (1858 - 1901).   This picture (hard copy) was sent to me by another Strunk-Weddle descendant cousin. She died fairly young, probably having 13 children had something to do with it.  I had her husband's photo but had never seen hers before.  I was so thrilled to receive it.

Dillie McDonald Strunk (1858 - 1901)



Photos # 3 and #4 are both of my Brother, John Franklin (Nee Freeman) Patterson.  We had different Fathers and were 13 years apart in age, but I grew up with him so we were close and I miss him. I found the Proof photo in my Mother's belongings.  The other photo was taken at my Wedding.





Well, there are many other photos that mean a lot to me, but I'm still behind in this challenge and life is interfering (time to get ready to see my trainer - have to stay healthy) so I will end this here.

No comments:

Post a Comment